Monthly Archives: October 2009
Playing house music at the Vice party in Bitterzoet club in Amsterdam. The Gomma label show case lineup also included DJ sets by Telonius and Moullinex and a live set by Golden Bug. Great party! ..in the mix: DJ Sneak, Joris Voorn, Pete Heller, Tiger Stripes, Erick Morillo, Bingo Players etc etc.
Listen & Download:
Manuel Kim @ Bitterzoet Amsterdam 23.10.09
Here comes the DansEtudes MegaMix I made exclusively for the Gomma Podcast.
60 tracks in a 30 minute MegaMayhemDanceMedley. Prince vs General Midfield, Dan Hartman vs. Faze Action, Kasso vs. Putsch 79, Kano vs. Lifelike, Fake Blood vs. Bucketheads, Cameo vs Tiga, Sylvester vs. DJ Falcon, Cindy Lauper vs. A-Trak, Swing Out Sister vs. Propellerheads, Anita Ward vs. Holy Ghost, Kool & The Gang vs. Breakbot, Rockwell vs. Felix Da Housecat, Madonna vs. Rex The Dog, and much more.
1. Beni – Maximus (Andee & Ooh Ee Blue Version) - Kitsune
2. Neurotic Drum Band – Robotic Hypnotic Adventure - Wurst
3. Tiger Stripes – Me & I - Get Physical
4. Telonius – Disco-Tec (Telonius & Manuel Kim Dub) - Gomma
5. Sir James – Special (Bingo Players Dub) - Strictly Rhythm
6. Gucci Vump – Sha Shtil (L-Vis 1990 Remix) - Sound Pellegrino
7. Miike Snow – Animal (Treasure Fingers Remix) - Columbia
8. Cassian – Final Round - Bang Gang
9. Linus Loves – European Vacation (Linus Loves Roadtrip Mix) - 2112 Records
10. Ladyhawke – Magic (The Swiss Remix) - Modular
UPDATE: Latest charts are also available on Beatport.
And here comes another fresh mix straight out of Friday’s Cafe King Gomma party! Residents Telonius and Manuel Kim served a tasteful blend of house, disco and dance music, a piece of which you can sample with the recording posted below… enjoy!
Listen & Download: Manuel Kim & Telonius @ Cafe King 9.10.09
All-time favorite originally released on Emergency Records in 1980. The bassline was most notoriously sampled in the track “Whoop There It Is” by Tag Team, but the original tune is a club hit by itself… enjoy this club edit which gets rid of some of the vocals and makes the tune more playable (for me)!